Believe it or not, it was pretty hard for me to come up with ten sites that I visit regularly that don't in some way pertain to books. I know they exist, but actually pulling the names out of my memory took a second. Especially in light of *yet another* round of blog drama going on right now, it's nice to have some other things to read. Just saying.
Anyway, on to the list! Notwithstanding Facebook and the Angel site for my class and my work email and junk like that, here are...
Top Ten Sites I Visit That AREN'T Book Related (In No Particular Order)
1. Feeling Stitchy- I love needlework and embroidery and the pictures on Feeling Stitchy are always so inspiring and beautiful.
2. and 3. XKCD and Questionable Content- my two favorite comics.
4. The Worst Things for Sale- Drew from Toothpaste for Dinner brings us the most horrible things ever to be vomited out of the internet that we can purchase for ourselves if we are silly enough to want to do that.
5. Pinterest- Pinterest is actually a good way for me to recharge my batteries because it combines a lot of my favorite things in one place- cooking, craft projects, neat ideas for activities for my classroom, visually appealing stuff.
6. Design Seeds- I could look at these little color swatches and corresponding photos forever.
7. Bakerella- Mmmm cake. And other things.
8. Foodgawker- If you find yourself in need of new food/cooking blogs to follow, look no further. Yum.
9. BoingBoing- There's always so much to see here that I end up with a massive starred folder to go through later. Life is rough.
10. Hyperbole and a Half- Although it hasn't been updated lately since the author has a book coming out, this is one of my favorite places to go to read funny things. How Kenny Loggins Ruined Christmas is now a family tradition for us.